Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Thousand Dollar Tan Line


Author: Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Series: Veronica Mars #1
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Release Date: March 25, 2014
Summary: Ten years after graduating from high school in Neptune, California, Veronica Mars is back in the land of sun, sand, crime, and corruption. She's traded in her law degree for her old private investigating license, struggling to keep Mars Investigations afloat on the scant cash earned by catching cheating spouses until she can score her first big case.Now it's spring break, and college students descend on Neptune, transforming the beaches and boardwalks into a frenzied, week-long rave. When a girl disappears from a party, Veronica is called in to investigate. But this is not a simple missing person's case. The house the girl vanished from belongs to a man with serious criminal ties, and soon Veronica is plunged into a dangerous underworld of drugs and organized crime. And when a major break in the investigation has a shocking connection to Veronica's past, the case hits closer to home than she ever imagined.
Review: Alright, I absolutely love everything that is associated with Veronica Mars. So when this book came out I was all, "YEAH!! I can satisfy my addiction even more!" I finally got around to actually reading the book a couple of weeks ago. The overall story line = AWESOMENESS! It was just like watching an episode of Veronica Mars . . . except that I was reading it. The mystery was very well thought out and unique. I was a tad disappointed when my initial excitement started wearing off around page 100. Even though the overall mystery was interesting, the plot really wasn't moving forward. Around page 200 I began debating just putting the book down. BUT ALAS!! This is VERONICA MARS, I couldn't just leave her hanging!!! I endured to the end and it was worth it. As you've probably figured, I was extremely frustrated that the mystery didn't really all come together until around pages 290/300. (I guess it really couldn't because where would the story go after that??) If not for those last 30ish pages, this would have been a three star for me. If you've watched and enjoyed the series I obviously will recommend this novel. Also, if you've read and enjoyed the book and haven't seen the series, definitely go and watch it! DO IT NOW!! :)
Overall, this was a 4 star! Veronica is just as witty and fun to read about as she was to watch in the television series and movie. I'm definitely planning on reading Mr. Kiss and Tell (the sequel) which releases on January 15, 2015. My sources (the internet haha) tell me that it will feature Logan more strongly (because having him gone was, like, the saddest thing ever! LOGAN AND VERONICA FOREVER!! omg I'm such a fan-girl....).

No comments:

Post a Comment