Saturday, February 14, 2015

Top 5 Romance's for Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

So, since I've totally been slacking over the past week or so, and with the holiday, I decided to do a 'Top 5'. And since it's Valentine's Day, I obviously had to do my top five romances. Okay, when I say "romance" I'm not talking about the whole busty women on the cover with male models that have 12 pack abs. Since a majority of what I read is young adult material, I went with the top five books I've read that I thought had the sweetest romance's. I'll include a very brief summary and review of all of the books I chose. Hopefully you enjoy!

#5


My Life With the Walter Boys 
by Ali Novak

Summary: My Life With the Walter Boys is about a girl (Jackie) who is forced to move across the country to live with her new guardians (The Walters) after the rest of her family dies in a tragic car accident. The catch? The Walter's have all boys, 12 of them in fact. 

Review: I've reviewed this book in full already here.



#4


Along for the Ride
by Sarah Dessen

Summary: Suffering from insomnia since her parents split, Auden is offered the chance to spend a carefree summer with her father and expecting step-mom in their small beach town. After only a few nights, Auden happens upon Eli, a fellow insomniac. The two then embark on life changing quests, growing closer in the process.

Review: I absolutely adore everything that Sarah Dessen rights, but this is by far one of my favorites. I loved the dynamic between Eli (such a freaking great name btw) and Auden and how they helped each other discover who they truly are, as well as fall for each other in the process. This is one that I will always come back to.




#3


Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
by Morgan Matson

Summary: After the tragic and sudden death of her father, Amy's mother has decided to move them across the country, from California to Connecticut. Suffering from slight PTSD, Amy refuses to drive. Enter Roger, a long time friend of the family who also has to make an across the country trip himself. The two then embark on an unforgettable trip, filled with a variety of unexpected detours along the way.

Review: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is absolutely incredible. Matson has such a way with words. I loved the chemistry between Amy and Roger from the first moment they see each other. This book was also great because it includes old receipts, maps, and my personal fave, playlists. It really felt that I was on the road trip with them. Such a fun, adorable romance! 




#2


On the Fence
by Kasie West

Summary: Charlotte aka Charlie is a major tom boy. Having grown up with her single dad and three older brothers + one honorary brother, Braden, it's not hard to see why. So when her dad forces her to find a job to pay off another speeding ticket, Charlie is forced into the world of fashion, make-up, and everything girly. In order to cope with this new world, Charlie seeks refuge late at night by chatting through the fence with Braden. The catch? She's falling for him . . . hard.

Review: I've reviewed this book in full already here.


#1

drum roll please . . .








A Court of Thorns and Roses
by Sarah J. Maas

Summary: Beauty and the Beast with some faerie lore mixed in. After killing a wolf in the woods to feed her starving family, Feyre (Fey-ruh) is confronted by a huge beast and demanded as retribution. After being dragged into the mythical land of Prythian, she discovers that her captor, Tamlin, is one of the deadly, immortal fae her people have feared for so long. Soon, loathing turns fiery passion between the two, the only problem is the wicked shadow that now looms over Tamlin's land. It's up to Feyre to find a way to stop it, or she'll risk losing Tamlin forever.

Review: Okay, okay, so this book doesn't come out until May, but honestly I couldn't help myself. I got my hands on an ARC and to say that this book was AMAZING would definitely be the understatement of the century! I've always loved Beauty and the Beast re-tellings, and I love Sarah J. Maas. So when I found that two of my most favorite things were being combined, well how could it turn out bad? The world building was totally on point. The character development was top notch. And the romance  . . .  well, it's #1 isn't it?! So seriously, go and put this on your 'to-read' shelf immediately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment