Thursday, February 26, 2015

World After


Author: Susan Ee
Series: Penryn & The End of Days #2
Genre: Post-Apocalyptic, Horror, Action/Adventure
Release Date: November 21, 2013
Summary: The survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world. When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken. Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go. Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?
Review: Okay, after simply reading the summary above, how could you not want to continue this amazing series?! World After is just pure awesomeness! Ee has once again proven that she is an incredibly talented author. After just finishing my second time around with AngelfallI immediately grabbed my copy of World After and did a complete nose dive into all of it's greatness. During the first time I read this book, I was so anxious for Raffe and Penryn to meet up together again that I read up until that point extremely fast (with some skimming in there I will admit) until I got to where they were together again. If you didn't know that they do reunite, well . . . now you do . . . and it's just more incentive to read the book because come on! Who didn't want them to reunite?! Nobody. That's who.

Okay, now to the more technical side of things. So let's see, are their plot holes in this? Well, nope. None. Nadda! Usually with sequels I'll start seeing some inconsistencies in a series. Not with this one! Ee has done such excellent research about the angels and just everything! She has created and weaved a world so tightly that nothing can penetrate it. Penryn is still as kick butt and sarcastic as ever. Raffe as brooding as every. Mom . . . as creepily fantastic as ever. And Paige . . . well, we may need to put Paige down . . . she's really starting to freak me out! Back to Penryn's mom . . . I'm definitely getting more and more interested in just what in the world is going on with that woman. I mean, seriously. What the what! I need to know more details!! Everything she does leaves me with like ten different feels . . . but mainly confusion with a pinch of wariness. Basically, after reading anything involving her I'm left like:


All in all, this sequel basically rocked my world! Ee totally CRUSHED IT! Couldn't be more pleased with where she took the story and the overall progression of it.


As mentioned in my review of Angelfall, the 3rd and final installment, End of Days will debut it's beautiful self on May 12, 2015. I found the cover (thanks to Susan Ee's website) as well as an excerpt from End of Days. You can read that excerpt here.

LOOK AT IT'S BEAUTIFULNESS!!! AHH I'M DYING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment