Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Life With The Walter Boys

Author: Ali Novak
Series: My Life With The Walter Boys #1
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Chick-Lit
Release Date: March 1, 2014
Summary: Sixteen-year-old Jackie Howard is devastated when her parents are killed in a car accident. She has no one to turn to except for her mom's best friend Katherine Walter. Jackie quickly discovers that Katherine is no stranger to being a mom-she's got twelve boys! And every single one is a handful... Adjusting to life with the Walter boys is not going to be easy, especially when two of them start to show an interest that definitely goes beyond brotherly.
Review: First off, if you've read Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys and enjoyed it, there is no doubt that you'll enjoy My Life With The Walter Boys. The number one reason for this is that these two books are basically identical (small differences here and there but nothing really major). That being the story of a girl who moves into a household of incredibly gorgeous boys (most of which are around her age), falling for 2, and then having to choose between the two. I actually enjoyed My Life With The Walter Boys more than Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys mainly because I liked Jackie (the MC) and dialogue a little better. I felt that the Walter Boys had a lot more sarcasm (my absolute fave) and overall comedic sense than the McGowan Boys. This was such a lovable and entertaining piece of work! It was great to see Jackie go from being a "goody-too shoes" to embracing the unknowns of life. The ending wasn't quite my favorite, but I was okay with it since there is going to be a sequel (still untitled but with the expected publication of late 2015) which I'm totally looking forward too!! This is an amazingly sweet book that's great for the upcoming winter days where you may or may not be forced to stay inside with some hot chocolate! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment