Saturday, November 8, 2014

Stone Cold Touch

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: The Dark Elements #2
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Release Date: October 21, 2014
Summary: Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could. But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…
Review: WOWZERS! Really though! If you haven't read the first novel in this trilogy White Hot Kiss, do so now!! Stone Cold Touch was such an amazing sequel! Armentrout never fails to disappoint in my eyes! The story picks up a couple weeks after the end of White Hot Kiss. **MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD** After coming back from Hell, Roth is a completely different person . . . or so it seems which for the most part, really annoyed me because I have always been rooting for Roth! BUT it was great to see Layla and Zayne’s relationship bloom and grow finally! Their constant banter was comedic and helped balance out the seriousness of other major plot points going on throughout the novel. It was also great to finally see Zayne and Layla’s actual bf/gf relationship. The development of their (Zayne and Layla) relationship actually really helped me solidify just who I wanted Layla to end up with. I had Zayne. He and Layla’s relationship was so sweet, and loving. Then I had Roth. He and Layla’s relationship is sexy and exciting. I, personally, like Roth and Layla together because I feel that they complimented and had more chemistry than Zayne. (If you've seen Gilmore Girls, just imagine when Rory and Dean are dating but then Luke's nephew (Jess) comes to town and him and Rory totally hit it off and have some great chemistry but she's still with Dean. . . sorry I'm on a Gilmore Girls kick and that's the best relation I can think of . . .) I just always felt that Zayne was just trying to do the best thing for Layla and his fellow Wardens and that sometimes got in the way. Honestly, I want him to end up with Danika. I think that’d be good for everyone.
The overall story and plot continued and developed nicely throughout Stone Cold Touch with much to be expected from the third and final book in the series, Every Last Breath. This was an AMAZING read! I finished its 400+ pages in just one day! . . .I'm pretty such that there was glue on the front and back cover that literally prevented me from putting it down until I finished but alas I have no proof . . . Stone Cold Touch was so captivating and full of surprises making it so I was never bored! If you enjoyed White Hot Kiss or any of Armentrout’s other YA series (Lux and Covenant), this novel is sure to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment