Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Mystery
Release Date: September 27, 2011
Summary: Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can. She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is. She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong.
Review: Holy crap. *grabby hands* give me the second book!!!

So. . . I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer a year or two ago and loved it! (I only knew this from my rating on goodreads) But for the life of me, I could not actually remember what the book was about. (Funny/weird because the book is about a girl who loses her memory; I was totally relating) Anyway! I decided to finally pick it up again, mostly after seeing it on the shelves at the library continuously as well as at the bookstore, and see just what I couldn't remember and why I had liked it so much and . . . holy cow! This was such amazing and intriguing read the second time around as it was the first time! Goodness me! I had completely forgotten everything and that plot twist at the end . . . woah! Am I right?! I'm really beginning to think that I didn't even read it in the first place . . . who knows? I could not put it down and believe me I tried! Honestly, if you haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, first: SHAME ON YOU!! And second, DO IT NOW! If you have been awesome enough to read it, go and read it again!! BECAUSE . . . the third and final book in the series (The Retribution of Mara Dyer) just barely came out on the 4th of this lovely month of November! I'm on the hold list for this book and am literally dying inside to get my hands on it! I'll post a review as soon as I get it so keep your eyes out! Hodkin has such a unique writing style that completely drew me in. So really, check this series out!

No comments:

Post a Comment