Friday, June 5, 2015

Enclave

Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Razorland #1
Genre: Dystopian, Sci-Fi, Romance
Release Date: April 12, 2011
Summary: New York City residents, decimated by war and plague, live underground in Enclaves, barely past age 20. Deuce 15, trained as Huntress, pairs with odd Fade, who was boy Topside. Elders ignore warning, exile both. Monster Freaks, more organized, killed nearest Enclave. Guided by old memories, in gang-infested ruins, pair face apocalyptic world with new dangers and feelings.
Review: I'm basically in love with this book! Such a unique story line and wonderfully written characters! 

I loved Duece; she was a strong heroine and that alone had me rooting for her throughout the entire novel. I enjoyed her attitude and how strong minded she was. Also, the fact that she can kick some major butt is a plus!!



Fade, oh Fade. He was a perfect love interest for Duece! I loved the way that their relationship developed throughout the novel. Even while they were fighting off the Freaks/Eaters (whatever you prefer to call them) I was still swooning by his complete and utter hotness! I also really enjoyed the chemistry and sexual tension between these two! Can't wait to see what's in store for book 2!


After Duece and Fade are banished from the Enclave, I knew the story was definitely going to be picking up in the pace department! Boy was I right! Their adventures Topside never seemed to diminish. I could not turn the pages fast enough!! I totally engulfed everything that happened after their banishment!



Tegan was such a fun and incredibly tough character; after what we learn about The Wolves and what they had done to her, although a tad bit shocking, it left me rooting for her without a doubt. 

I loved the ending of this story, although I'm not quite sure how I feel about what Duece and Fade found towards the end. Hopefully I'm not disappointed with the next two installments in this trilogy. Aguirre has an incredibly creative writing voice that kept me turning pages all night long! This isn't one you'll want to miss!



No comments:

Post a Comment