Monday, August 3, 2015

Jesse's Girl

Author: Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks (can be read in any order)
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: July 7, 2015
Summary:
Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol. But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?
Review: Isn't that cover just adorable? I've read the other books in this 'series' and really enjoyed them for the most part, so when I got my hands on an ARC of this a couple months ago I was ecstatic!

I really enjoyed Maya's character. She was down to earth, fun, and I loved her taste in music! Her first 'meeting' with Jesse was quite memorable and I loved that she stuck up for herself and wasn't afraid to speak her mind.

One of my favorite things about this book was the Ferris Bueller feel it had to it. Not only does Jesse refer to Ferris Bueller's Day Off multiple times, but he gets Maya to go and pull off some of his favorite parts from the film. Since I'm a fan of the movie, that definitely boosted my liking of this novel!



Let's talk about *the* Jesse Scott! Aside from the fact that he came off as a complete self-centered jerk, he managed to redeem himself quite nicely throughout the remainder of the novel. I loved what Maya brought out in him and that he eventually feels comfortable enough with her to confide in her. His character growth during the novel was exceptionally well-written.


Overall a 4 star rating for me, I enjoyed this novel and the recurring characters from the previous novels in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment