Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #2
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Mystery
Release Date: October 23, 2012
Summary: Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can’t. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren’t. She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She’s wrong. In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
Review: Initially, I was extremely excited to read this book. If you've read the first one, it's pretty clear as to why.



That cliffhanger at the end of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer had me like:



BUT!! The third book hadn't come out yet, so I waited a couple weeks until it debuted itself before getting this book. The beginning starts up basically right where book one ends. After the initial shock of that cliffhanger wore off, the book took a slight nose-dive and the story line progressed pretty. darn. slow, for the next hundred pages or so. I didn't really enjoy this because I felt that the story was beginning to focus more on what goes down (activities and such) at mental health care centers, rather than the overall mystery of what was happening with Mara herself.
For a majority of the book I looked somewhat like this:


UNTIL!!! The story finally decided to go somewhere. #shocker I actually started enjoying it and decided that I may have a chance at 1) finishing the book, and 2) enjoying it more that I originally thought. Overall I'd definitely say that although the story moved along  . . . terribly ssslllloooowwww for a majority, I would consider reading it again. And Hodkin, again with the ending!!! 


I have a feeling The Retribution of Mara Dyer is going to be AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment