Friday, April 17, 2015

Heir of Fire

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #3
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Release Date: September 2, 2014
Summary: Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
Review: You can find my reviews for the first two books in this series, Throne of Glass, and Crown of Midnight, by clicking on the aforementioned titles.

After reading the first couple of chapters of Heir of Fire  my feelings were something similar to;


Mainly because I realized that the whole story was going to take place away from Adarlan (more importantly Chaol), and instead in Wendlyn. Although, after actually giving the book a chance, because I knew Sarah wouldn't let me down, by the end of the book I was feeling more like "I WANT MORE! GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK!!" 



This book was incredible! Even though it takes place away from Chaol (sad day I know!) I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. I love how Celaena's character developed throughout the book. It was also extremely interesting to read more of Celaena's background, especially after the huge reveal at the end of Crown of Midnight
Something I wasn't a big fan of, and found myself skimming at times were the chapters involving the witches. I didn't mention previously but the book takes place from 3 different points of view: 1) Adarlan/Chaol/Dorian, 2) Witches, and 3) Celaena. For the most part, I found those chapters (involving the witches) a tad boring. Although those particular chapters also give way to another obstacle in Celaena's way that is looking like it will be a definite strong point in the next installment in this series. The plot twists Sarah has intertwined were also spot on, and sometimes came out of no where. Kind of like this:


Like, I thought I new everything, and then BAM!! Plot twist!!

I will admit that the next time I read this book I will read those certain chapters, but the first time, yeah, it wasn't going to happen. I really just wanted to get through this book as fast as I could! 
I will admit that at the end of the book I was almost, okay, really wishing that there would have been more romance between Celaena and . . . well I'm sure if you read the book you'll be able to figure out who I'm talking about. So go and grap this book asap!!
Overall, this book was absolutely mind-blowingly fantastic! Maas has done a great job of continuing Celaena's story smoothly and also keeping it interesting! I am very pleased and cannot wait for the next book in the series, although I have a mighty long wait ahead of me. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment