Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Truth About Forever

Author: Sarah Dessen
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: May 11, 2004
Summary: A long, hot summer . . . That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father. But sometimes, unexpected things can happen—things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?
Review: Besides this being one of my all time favorite books ever, I also wanted to review it because Sarah has a new book coming out on Tuesday, Saint Anything, which I'm super pumped about and can't wait to get my hands on!!

Anyway, I first read The Truth About Forever back in high school. Let me just say that by that point in time, this book had easily been out for about least six or seven years. I sometimes feel that some books become very evidently dated when they've been out for that long (just with the advances in technology and whatnot). However, Sarah's writing has gone full-vampire and stayed immortally awesome!



I absolutely adored everything about this novel, but mostly, WES!! *insert HUGE sigh here* Wes is definitely the most amazing love interest to ever be written about in the history of time. Seriously though, those of you that have read The Truth About Forever are probably totally agreeing with me . . .


And if you didn't agree with me, let me ask, WHO IS BETTER THAT WES?! I would love to read about him. But seriously, tell me!

Now, in all reality, this novel does move slower than many of the novels I'm currently reading . . . BUT there is just so much to love throughout the entire thing that I hardly noticed the pacing. I just loved the environment Sarah had created! Even when Macy was just helping with one of the catering events, I was engrossed. This novel was incredible, and one that I will always have on my bookshelves. If you haven't read this one, (or any of Sarah's work for that matter), SHAME ON YOU!! If you have, let's be friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment