Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top 10 Summer Reads - 2015 Edition

Even though the weather is a little dreary today, I thought I'd let you all in on my 'Top 10 Summer Reads'. The following novels are not in any particular order! They're ones that I've read and enjoyed and I feel are perfect for reading on those relaxing summer days when you're just lounging by the pool or in the sun. Enjoy! (Synopsis for all of the novels can be found by clicking on the title)


I absolutely adored this book! I feel that Caymen and I are kindred spirits when it came to her sassy comments and snarky attitude. Caymen and Xander had such great chemistry throughout the novel! I loved seeing their relationship bloom during the course of the novel as well. Add in the shocking twist and this novel had it all! Witty dialogue, adorable romance, and the perfect ending!! A quick read that is sure to please!





Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

It's no secret that I adore Morgan and everything she writes! (Her other books will be included in this post as well) This was one of her books that I was very reluctant to pick up. Mainly because I knew that at some point in the novel, there would be tears, and a lot of them! This is the story of Taylor. Her dad has just received devastating news and her parents have decided to spend the summer at their old lake house reconnecting with each other. Enter Taylor's first boyfriend (who is much cuter now than the last time she saw him) and her ex-best friend. I loved this book because of the rekindling of relationships that it focuses on. Although I did ball like a baby, this will forever be one of my faves!! Definitely not one to pass up!


Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally

I absolutely loved Savannah. She was down to earth and had a good head on her shoulders. I liked that she didn't take crap from anyone (especially Jack) and that she held true to what she thought was right. I really enjoyed how the story developed and that we were able to see Savannah reach her potential. This one an amazing read that was short and sweet. A perfect read for a free weekend! 

**There is a minor explicit scene and some mild cussing throughout**




One of the Guys by Lisa Aldin

You can find my full review for this book hereThis one reads like a coming of age story. I loved how Toni grew and found herself throughout the novel. Add in super hot guys, incredibly sweet new friends, and some romance and you've got the sweetest read of the summer! This one will only take a few, short hours to read, but it will be a darn good few hours!!





Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

You can find my full review for this book hereOkay, I now I've already got her on the list but I couldn't resist!! You can't have a 'Top 10 Summer Reads' without throwing a road trip book in there!! After the recent death of her father, Amy's mother decides to pack up and move everything to their new home across the country. Amy's job? To drive their car there. One problem . . . Amy doesn't drive anymore. Enter the sweet, charismatic college student, Roger. An old family friend who volunteers to drive across the country with Amy. Both Amy and Roger are dealing with their own problems . . . but maybe they can help each other? A beautifully written story about finding oneself in the process of helping another! OH!! And did I mention Matson includes playlists, old receipts, and pictures from their road trip? 



Well, I have full reviews for all three of these books on the blog (Angelfall, World After, End of Days). Although this one isn't a fun, cutesy romance like the rest of them, I absolutely had to include it. This is one of my all-time favorite series!! A world where angels are the bad guys? Sound original enough for me! I loved Penryn! Her snarky attitude towards Raffe when they first met was so on point! I also loved the way the story evolved. Susan has an incredible way of writing! She made angel politics seem interesting! She also had me crying, laughing, and grinning like a love-struck teenager throughout the series. If you have yet to pick up this series, please . . . do so now!!

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

You can read my full review here. Basically, if you could wrap up adorable and present it to someone, you would just need to hand them this book. Honestly, I was smiling the entire time I read it. After reading the last page all I wanted to do was read the entire novel again! A fast-paced, cute read perfect for any summer day!





Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

You can find my full review hereI'M SORRY!!! I just can't hold myself back!! This one had to be on my list!! This one is perfect, and I mean perfect (!!) for summer. It's about a girl, Emily, who had been living in the shadow of her best friend, Sloan. But when Sloan goes MIA, Emily begins to freak! But wait?! A letter?! To Emily . . . from Sloan? With . . . a list?! Emily thinks that if she does all the things on the list it will help her find her missing BFF, but along the way she finds herself instead! A lovely coming of age story! Full of laughs, some watery eyes, and an adorable love interest. I'll definitely be reading this one again this summer!


On the Fence by Kasie West

You can find my full review here. Yes, yes, I know, another Kasie West book. But guys, she knows how to write the fun, sweet romances that I'm always looking for!! This is the story of Charlotte (aka Charlie). Needless to say she's a tom-boy after living with her single parent father, and three older brothers for a majority of her life. Enter Braden, her neighbor and honorary fourth brother. After being forced to get a job to pay off a speeding ticket, a stressed Charlie begins seeking late-night refuge in her backyard, talking about her problems with Braden. There is only one problem, Charlie's beginning to fall for Braden. 
This novel was so cute! The relationship between Charlie and her brothers was adorable! I really enjoyed everything about this novel! Another short, fantastic read that's sure to bring a smile to your face!

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

After her parent's divorce, Auden has had troubles sleeping at night. So after moving to the charming little beach front town where her father, step-mother, and brand new baby step-sister reside, she spends her nights roaming the town. Enter Eli, a fellow insomniac who takes her under his wing and shows her the nocturnal side of town. The two then embark on parallel quests, for Auden to experience the teenage lifestyle she never had the chance to partake in, and for Eli to overcome the guilt associated with the death of his close friend. This one is sure to tug at the heart strings, but in the best way possible! A wonderful novel about finding oneself, and learning to connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment